(April 19th, 2011) and the paper smells like root beer

 

The pokeberry anthotype of Clem’s pajama top (small version) is close to being done. Here is a scan from Sunday afternoon.

 

Pokeberry juice has spoiled me. It provided a strong tincture to use. Now I am struggling to get these small violet flowers to have a presence on a sheet of paper. I managed to get about 50-75 cc of tincture but it seems too dilute and the root beer flavored vodka I used as a solvent has created some new concerns. The sugar in the alcohol has created a stickiness to the emulsion. So the update: the new purple flowers have yielded a sticky and weak liquid that really reads blue and the paper smells like root beer.

 

strategies:

  1. Maybe I can do multiple passes to build up density (suggested by Bridgette).
  2. Let the emulsion evaporate over several days without heating to create a reduction that is denser with pigment.
  3. Throw in the towel.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s